A balustrade is not a very common word used on a regular basis, but you might be aware of them being used as protection on the edge of balconies and staircases. The protective network of rods built on the edge of such places prevents you from falling down from great heights and allows you to use the staircase with minimum effort.
Thus, being aware of the practical use, we come to the introduction of the technical term called balustrade. They are nothing but a different kind of protective fence which is built on the edge of heights with a view of providing protection. It is their one and only function to prevent people from falling off from any such place which 1 meter above the ground, be it balconies, staircase or so on. There are various materials which are used to make balustrades like steel balustrade, glass, stainless steel, concrete or even timber. But the common ones which are put for extensive use is steel and stainless steel balustrades. With the use of different types of materials comes the innovation in designs and patterns as well. There are specific designers assigned to make unique, but sturdy looks for the balustrade systems so that the functionality is not compromised, and the aesthetic appeal is also fulfilled.
But with the implementation of new and modern designs, one must not forget the main purpose of putting up with these stainless-steel balustrades. When it comes to protection and security, everything else is a secondary concern. In this case, the use of different designs is just the aesthetic appeal, but it is a secondary matter as it is the materials and installation process which will determine our security and protection.
Thus, it is quite obvious to say that the structural safety of the building from the interior as well as exterior is the most important feature of stainless steel balustrades.
However, just building balustrades is not an easy task. There a set of building codes which are made and enforced by the law that are mandatory to follow. Many governments of various countries have the contractors look after the matter of the installation of such balustrades because of safety reasons.
Need for stainless steel balustrades:
- Need for stainless steel material is now a compulsion. This is because they are non-corrosive, more durable as they are an alloy and can with-stand change in weather and temperature if placed outside the building. Being rust resistant is also an add-on bonus which makes this material more convenient and safer t use.
- The maintenance of stainless steel balustrade is very easy. With almost zero maintenance cost, the use of stainless steel is a deal which is not be missed.
- Being a metal in nature, they can be modified to literally any shape and size according to specification. With any design of your like, you can turn your ordinary house look into a modern one in no time.
- Stainless steel balustrade also goes really well with glass and timber as a combination. Thus, it is not only durable but also compatible with almost any kind of material.
- Following the rules laid down by law is a must.
- Proper measurements of the space where the installation will take place are a must. It is to be done with great accuracy and precision since with one mistake, lives can be put to danger.
- Lastly, choice of material should be done with great attention as they are responsible for the sturdiness and durability of the balustrade.
Thus, with the above tips, it is quite clear that the installation and selection of stainless steel balustrades may not be an easy task, but it is also not impossible.