With the amount of pollution that is damaging the environment, there is no surprise that the summers are getting hotter and the winters are getting cooler. Consequently, places that did not even need fans at one point of time are warranting the installation of Air Conditioning systems. The rising demand for ACs has led to the surge of a new model. Today people have a number of options to choose from, like window AC, split, tower etc. these air conditioning systems have become a necessity today.
Overview of Different Types of ACs Available In the Market:
There are basically 4 different types of AC systems available in the market.
- Window Air Conditioners: It is the most conventional AC system. These systems are feasible for one room only. They are mounted on a window with the help of a frame constructed specially for it. The way a window AC works is that it sucks out the warm air and throws in the cool air into the room . These are, as earlier mentioned, only suitable for single rooms, and that too small ones.
- Central Air Conditioners: Most of the commercial complexes like shopping mall, retail outlet, offices etc., make use of centralized AC system. These are the best choice where cooling of a larger area is required. They are extremely potent for larger home and establishments as they have several openings and a powerful, high capacity condenser providing the ability to cool large areas efficiently and quickly. A Central AC system consists of a network of Supply ducts that run from the AC which is generally at a central location such as a basement, to all parts of the building. These ducts which carry the air from the AC are fitted into the walls or ceilings and have their outlets either at the bottom or at the top of the walls. These though highly effective require a substantial amount of work for their installation. At the same time, you need to do the installation before the construction of the building, because if you do it after, then a lot of repair work is needed on the ceiling, walls and floor.
- Split Air Conditioners: These Air Conditioning systems are mostly efficient for a home setting. They can effectively cool large rooms. They are easy to install. The split AC systems have two units, the outlet is fitted into the wall of the room while the condenser is fitted outside wither on the wall or on the roof. The AC units are connected to each other with a set of wiring and tubes that facilitate the exchange of hot and cold air. These are best when you are looking to have separate AC systems for specific parts of the house. These AC’s are good choice if you are looking for energy efficient and effective cooling option. They also make less noise which makes them a popular choice for homeowners.
- Portable Air Conditioners: A portable Air Conditioning System is similar to a window AC. The thing that differentiates it from a window AC is that, unlike a window AC which is fixed to a window, portable AC’S are, as the name suggests, portable. They can be moved from one place to another easily. Also, portable AC’s are placed on the floor near a window with their hoses set to discharge hot air and moisture outside the window.
Factors to Consider Before Buying An Air Conditioning System:
Buying good quality and efficient AC system comes at a cost, hence you must consider various aspects before buying the AC. Here are certain points that you need to consider:
- Capacity- If you are planning to buy an AC, then you need to check the capacity. There various types like 1-ton AC, 1.5 ton and so on. Depending on the area of your room, you can choose the kind of AC you want in your house.
- Budget: Your budget will decide your buy. Evaluate how much you can spend. Always remember that some AC’s are cheaper but have heavy installation costs, so take all costs into consideration.
- Requirement: What place do you need the AC for will have a huge impact on your decision. For small spaces a window, split or portable AC can do the trick, but huge places require central AC.
With the help of these pieces of information, you can now easily decide what kind of air conditioning system will suit your need.