Most homeowners delay when it comes to hiring plumbing services until and unless they are standing there in a flooded apartment or when they just cannot do without a new toilet. And yes, the times when they try their hand at DIY plumbing (only to regret later) and assume certain things go without saying.
Now coming to the assumptions, most house owners live their entire lives under certain common misconceptions. Wondering, what are they and the truth behind them? Let’s dig in.
- Bleach Tablets Clean the Toilet: Okay, so a friend of yours told you that this works and you have been doing this for the past few months without investigating on how exactly it works, right? Well, let me debunk this myth for you and show you the actual side of this. The practice of using bleach tablets to clean the toilet can not only ruin your toilet but can actually lead to a very smelly washroom. Over the course of a few months, the interior components of your toilet could be totally damaged by the harsh effects of bleach.
- Lemons are Enough to Improve the Sink Smell: Are you thinking that what’s wrong with this very common household tip? Well, lemons are not enough to clean kitchen sinks or washroom sinks and you definitely need to hire plumbing services in Toronto from time to time for cleaning the sink. And yes, in the meantime, you can try some vinegar and baking soda instead.
- Flushable Wipes are Flushable: Yes, it is true that you can flush the wipes that come with the tag “flushable”. But it is suggested that you do not flush them on a regular basis as they are not as biodegradable as you are thinking them to be. Your toilet can back up or clog up if this is done too much.
- Leaky Faucet? Worry Not – If you are living with a leaky faucet thinking that it could wait, then you are committing a huge blunder. Leaky faucets can cause:
* Major damage to the faucet
* High rise in the water bill
* Damage other plumbing parts
* It could be a sign of other leaks.
- Creatures Can’t Get Through my Pipes: If a creature can swim, is flexible and small, then they can easily get up your pipes. Hence, ask your Toronto Plumbing Service providing company to install a flap over the waste tube of the toilet. Remember that it is better to be safe than sorry.
- Removing Clogs with a Plunger is Okay! – Well, this doesn’t work on every clog, despite being a great tool. If the clog is formed by a stubborn object, then better call a plumber immediately rather than trying your hand at it with a plunger.
- The Pipes Aren’t Clogged – How quickly does the water go down the drain? Slow? Very slow? If yes, then do not delay and get in touch with the best plumbing company in town. Trust me, you will commit a huge mistake if you continuously neglect this matter.
- Putting Down Hot Grease – Many people think that it is absolutely okay to put hot grease down the sink because it is liquid. If you too, were under this myth, then get rid of it now. Hot grease forms a coat on your pipes, and can cause a real mess like a burst pipe when it dries.
- Preventative Maintenance: a Waste of Money – Lastly, most people think that preventive maintenance is nothing but wastage of money. Well, if you ask me, then I would say do not wait till there is a discernible problem. And no, this is anything but a waste of money! This can actually make your pipes and other materials last for a longer amount of time.
So, these were a few common plumbing myths that you needed to be aware of. Hope, this blog was helpful for you all. To end this, I would like to say that never delay in hiring plumbing services as only professional plumbers can solve your problem in the right way. It will be better if you keep your DIY tips and tricks for some other work and not plumbing. Thank me later!
Author Bio: John Geller, the owner of a company that provides Toronto Plumbing Service, writes about the common plumbing myths in this blog. To know about various kinds of plumbing services, read his blogs and articles.