There are many types of building and commercial demolitions and you should know which ones you can use. There are both manual and engineering types, which you should only do if you are trained and if you know the methods that need to be done. Not only should you know the various methods that are available, but also know the equipment that would be required in these tasks.
There are different types of building and commercial demolitions that are available to be used, including:
- Manual, which is normally done using manual tools that are portable such as drillers, jack hammers and sledge hammers
◦ Deconstruction, which is the slowest method and is similar to dismantling of the entire building
◦ Implosion, which is often done using explosive materials
◦ Mechanical, which includes the following types
▪ Pressure jetting
▪ Deliberate collapse
▪ Concrete sawing
▪ Thermic lance
▪ Pusher arm
▪ Wrecking ball
You should ensure that you know which one of these techniques is the best one for your requirements.
There are also some steps that should be followed when it comes to building and commercial demolitions to ensure that everything is safe. These steps include:
- Surveying the structure and the building itself
- Removal of all hazardous materials
- Plan preparation
- Safety measures
The surveying will take most of the time since there are numerous things that should be done in that steps, such as:
- Figuring out the type of materials were used
- Using of the building before and during the breakdown
- Presence of toxic chemical materials, hazardous materials and waste water
- Drainage issues and possible issues with water pollution, erosion and flooding
- Shared facilities with other buildings, such as partition walls and stair cases
- Neighborhood sensitivity in terms of traffic impact, vibration, dust and noise
Once all of these are taken care of, then you can go on to the other steps, which requires the removal of all things inside as well as safety measures for all building and commercial demolitions.
Another thing that is required when it comes to building and commercial demolitions is a plan. There are plenty of things that need to be taken into consideration when the plan is being created, including:
- Distance from other buildings, street furniture, structures and streets
- Structural support systems
- Plan for demolition process, including the method chosen and the sequence of the structural members
- Plan showing all of the precautionary measures being taken, including safety nets, protective screens, hoardings, catch fans, catch platforms and covered walkways
- Methods for handling and removing of all debris
- Time necessary for the entire completion of the project
You must ensure that the plan gets completed properly and put into place before any work can start. A good plan always cover everything that could go wrong and all of the safety elements are covered. This plan should be looked over a few times and perfected before put into action.
You should ensure that all of the building and commercial demolitions that you do are completed properly, which means that you need to choose the right method. There are plenty of techniques that you can choose from either manual or engineering based. Also, you should ensure that you have a plan in place for the location, the distance from other major structures and much more. A good plan will have the safety requirements listed and what is being done in that area.